Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Home?

It's been a wild few weeks. I'm a little anxious to see what my blood pressure's going to look like at my DR appointment tomorrow morning...

After looking at about 30 more houses we put another offer in on a 5 bedroom house off Woodruff. And after a bit of negotiations our offer was accepted. I still feel like we're paying a bit more than the house is worth...but what do I know about houses? :). So then we had our inspection. It was REALLY well. There wasn't anything that was considered to be a major problem, or anything that Loren doesn't feel comfortable fixing himself. The sellers have not been to careful so there were a bunch of fire hazards, but once all their stuff gets out of there those issues will be eliminated! We were congratulating ourselves until he got to the attic. The roof was redone about 9 years ago so we figured all was well. But not so. Probably when they redid the roof, someone stepped through it! Because of the snow we couldn't tell how they fixed that situation, but they did a sloppy, lazy job of it however it was done. Because of it, the fan from the bathroom has been emptying all the moisture into the roof and it was really weak and yucky. So now we've put in that they need to get it fixed before we continue on. We didn't know if they maybe didn't know about it? Or maybe they didn't know it was so bad? Or maybe they're just really dishonest people, either way, hopefully they can see the light and accept to fix it or we'll have to walk away. Again. Their realtor seemed to think it wouldn't be that big of a deal for them to fix it, so hopefully he's right. I worry about the snow issue and this is not a very great time of year to be redoing a roof. We're supposed to hear back by tomorrow.

Then it's been kinda haunting me that I needed to check our car seat and see when it expires. Lo and behold I was stupid when buying it secondhand, and it expired while we were using it with Alysha. So now we're faced with the dilemma of buying a new one, buying another secondhand one, or possibly using this one for a month until we can afford a new one. Luckily we still have about 2 months until the baby decides to make an appearance (hopefully).

Despite these issues we've been having, I'm still so happy with the decision I made to quit my job. I'm so much happier being with Alysha everyday. And she's better behaved too. Or maybe it's just that I'm not as tired by bedtime so I have more patience for her acting up! :) We also haven't eaten out NEARLY as much with me staying home. And amazingly the house it a bit cleaner :) Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment