Friday, September 23, 2011

Recovery

So I'm about recovered from my Tonsillectomy. I just have to say. WOW. That was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm so TIRED. I was only eating between 100-300 calories A DAY. I ended up losing 8 lbs and now I'm just working to maintain it. The mornings are still hard cuz going all night without a drink really dries out my throat. But by about noon I'm feeling better again.
I got called 2 weeks ago to be the Nursery Teacher in my ward. Talk about overwhelming. I now have 3 different callings and this is the one that I'm SO afraid of. I really shouldn't be afraid of 2 year olds, but I am! I'm scared of not doing it right. I'm afraid of being completely in charge. I'm afraid of them running wild through the church screaming. I am glad just because I get to take Aly with me so we won't be just walking around the halls of the church anymore. She'll now actually get some other baby time too, which I think will be really good socially for her. It's a huge act of faith for me to have even said yes. I was SO tempted to say no, but I've never been able to see how a person can say no to a calling from the Lord. Obviously he knows better what we need than we do. And so starting Sunday I'll be teaching in the Nursery. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth! Just wanted to congratulate you! You're the winner of the Cute Purse on www.crazetexture.blogspot.com from Swagger! Send me an email to amylsearle@gmail.com with your address so they can send you your prize! Thanks so much for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete