Saturday, February 9, 2013

Discomfort

So I'm going to try to not post what I've already said, but...pregnancy brain...

House update:

We're 3 weeks away! YAY! We're coming up on the final preparations and I can't even explain how much I can't wait for all this to be done. It's so stressful. I can't imagine trying to do this in a place where we didn't already live! It'd be impossible. We've been on the phone with realtors almost everyday trying to pin down where the sellers are with the work orders. The hard part is that they don't want to use the same companies as we've gotten quotes from so they've been busy getting their own quotes, which I really do understand. They want to make sure they're getting the best deal for their money. The issue has been just making sure that they're using an accredited contractor and mold clean-up company and not just some cousin's, brother-in-law's, best friend. We just want to make sure it's done right so we don't have to do it again down the road! But looks like they're taking the proper measures and we're finally moving along. The next stresses include our appraisal to pass for the FHA loan, and then packing packing packing. We have so much stuff, I just look around and I don't even know where to start. Once we get some boxes and just get going I'm sure it'll go pretty fast.

Baby update:

As I said, all this house stuff has made me a basket case, which I'm sure pregnancy hormones are helping along. Sleep is pretty hard to come by, and when it actually happens I wake up SO sore. I wake up every time I have to roll over. And in addition to that my hips and lower back/abdomen are killing me the next morning. I kinda stagger to the couch and die until Alysha's done with breakfast and then she gets to watch tv while I take a warm shower and try to loosen up. 7 weeks left! ;) Despite the stress, I've been SO much better at keeping my blood pressure down this time. Fortunately. This time, last time, I was put on bed rest for a week while we did tests to see if I had pre-eclampsia. (I didn't). I would not be able to handle bed rest this time!
We're pretty anxious for this house stuff to be over so we can concentrate on baby stuffs. Loren and I were talking last night and it hasn't even become real yet because with Alysha by this point baby stuff had completely taken over our lives. It's all we thought about and spent all our time getting stuff and making sure everything was ready for her arrival. This time we've been SO busy with tax stuff, house stuff, and running after AlyRae, that we haven't even started to get baby stuff ready. It's just going to have to wait. So baby girl stay in there til after March 4th, k! Then we'll have plenty of time to buy a new car seat, set up the crib, wash baby clothes, and prepare for you to join our family. :)
We are also trying to cement a name. Right now we're fairly sure that her first name with be Evelyn. (Evy) We've been coming back to it for the entire pregnancy. But a middle name is a little difficult this time. When we decided on Alysha, Renae came instantly. Loren likes Evelyn Jane. I like Evelyn Claire. I guess we'll give it some more time :). As I said 7 weeks left!

No comments:

Post a Comment