Friday, November 13, 2009

Family

So I work in a daycare and the majority of those kids come from dysfunctional families. I mean not super dysfunctional, the kids are happy enough, but broken none the less. Lots of unmarried parents living together, lots of single moms close to my age, and lots of kids floating between two, three, and even five houses from day to day. It breaks my heart to know that they're growing up in this kind of life style. I wonder what they're going to be like when they get into their school years and especially their teen years and I'm curious to see the decisions they'll make based on how their parents are. I know that my parents have swayed my decisions. Not tons, they haven't been pushy at all, but I know that because of the kind of household I grew up I have different ideas and opinions on certain things than I would have growing up somewhere different. So even tho I'm not close to my parents anymore, I'm grateful to them for raising me well enough to support myself physically and emotionally, and well enough for me to know what I need to do and what I should do, even tho I don't always follow those guidelines... :)

Lately...

Work has been good lately. The kids are well behaved for the most part and Nancy always has the best advice and words of wisdom!
These past couple days have been hard on me emotionally...I don't wanna get into it, but my heart was thrown through the wringer for a little while but it's back in my chest again. My world isn't perfect, but it seems right for now.

Things I hate right now:

the fence...they put up a fence in our yard and for some reason me and my roommates just really don't like it! It kinda makes us feel boxed in, as if we already didn't before.
coughing...I'm so done with this! I just want it to go away. I'm getting a little bit better, but still when I sit in certain positions or lay down I start coughing again. Dumb Dumb.


Things I love right now:

Enchanted...it's still my favorite movie :) I was reminded of that last night :)
Playing the organ...I do love the fact that I can play functionally, but also therapeutically. It's very calming to get to just sit on that bench and make music.
The people...I'm very thankful for the people that have been placed in my life in this time of my life. Somedays I don't think I would survive without certain souls :) ...like Sydnie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment